Foodie

Foodie

Friday, June 14, 2013

Paruppu Podi/Pappu Podi(Andhra style)

My husband and I are ardent fans of Andhra mess food. I am sure there are a whole lot of you who love to visit Andhra mess atleast to have multiple rounds of Pappu podi with rice and oil.I even know a couple of friends who finish off the complete bottle of pappu podi in front of them without even tasting the other dishes in the menu. I have tasted and made different types of Paruppu podi, but nothing had matched the Andhra mess taste. But today, thanks to a friend, I got the perfect taste.

No more waiting, here you go!!!

Grind 1 cup of roasted gram(buna channa/pottu kadalai) in a mixer or blender to make a fine powder. Add 1 tspn red chilli powder, salt as needed and grind so that the mixture blends together.Finally add 3 garlic flakes to this and grind again.

Thats it, Andhra mess pappu podi is ready.No frying, no baking only grinding and mixing....:)
Enjoy mixing with rice and oil.


No comments: